When you live in another country you expect differences, but it’s the quirky differences I find most interesting.
With that in mind, here’s my Top 5 things you didn’t know about Australia and were afraid to ask
- Lollies are sweets, but they don’t have sticks like a UK lolly
- Scented toilet roll is the norm, not the exception
- Footy is Aussie rules (AFL) not actual football/soccer
- Hotels are more likely to be pubs, not places to stay in
- A “lay-by” is a means of purchasing an expensive item in a shop, not somewhere for you to have a break on a car journey
There are plenty other curious differences, but hey – that’s what living away from home is all about!